4/21/2009

Michael Nichols

Michael J Nichols #180862"
SCCC
255 West Highway 32
Licking, MO 65542-9069


Dear Friend,

Greetings to you! I know that this may seem somehow unorthodox, receiving a letter from an imprisoned stranger, but hopefully you will not be deterred from writing me. I am looking for fellowship & friendship, and someone to shine light on my darkened reality. I understand and appreciate the mysteries of life, the laws of nature, and the path that leads to spiritual awakening, so if it is to be, my sharing my world with yours will be part of my destiny.

This year will mark my 18th year in prison. It is not an anniversary I'm particularly proud of. I was convicted of Murder and hopelessly sentenced to life without the possibility of parole. Coming into this world of madness, this terrestrial hell, allowed me to awaken, re-program, re-evaluate, and become. Coming to the penitentiary with a street reputation of past deeds brought about a certain type of prestige. An image one must uphold, so for many, many moons, I was a master player in this deadly game of penitentiary chess. As the cycle of drug abuse, negative peer pressure, and unfilterred rebellion rolled around my years of confinement, I began to long for something better.

That desire to build on the better part of myself swelled, but with little comfort and no outlet. Hopefully you will help me build, accomplish things one cannot accomplish alone. I await your letter my friend. Take Care!

My Farewells, Michael